You may come to us with any unresolved complaint about one of the participating service providers if it meets the Eligibility Checklist.
We will review your complaint and decide if it’s something we can look into ourselves, or if it’s something which needs to be dealt with by another organisation.
Our role is to look into the quality of service provided based on the commitments a Service Provider has made to you, and your consumer rights. We cannot look into complaints to do with industry policies or regulations.
We cover rail service complaints about:
- train delays and cancellations;
- customer service;
- safety issues, such as overcrowding;
- information given about journeys or engineering works;
- availability and access to station facilities including toilets, lifts, escalators, waiting rooms, parking, cycle storage, announcements, ticket sales, and lost property;
- the quality of services available on a train including toilets, food and drink, heating, air-conditioning, information, announcements, wi-fi, priority bookings, and reserved seats;
- passenger assistance, facilities for customers with disabilities, and discrimination or issues arising under the Equality Act 2010.
If we believe your complaint is not something we can look into – we will explain clearly why. We will also, where possible, suggest alternative options available or transfer your complaint to another organisation that may be able to help you further such as Transport Focus or London TravelWatch. They will review your complaint and where appropriate, follow things up on your behalf.